On Demand Data
Personal Analyst supports Total Access, our on demand, non-streaming data service. Meeting the needs of the most demanding traders since 1987, Total Access offers the most complete pricing database available. Daily stock data for NYSE, NASDAQ and AMEX, all Canadian exchanges, and the London, Australian and Indian Stock Exchanges. Market indices and statistics such as the Dow Jones, Value Line, NYSE Composite, S&P 500/100 and S&P industry group data. Mutual fund data from every family. And, the world's largest database of commodity futures contracts. Unlimited access to historical data, end-of-day updates and 20 minute delayed prices on as many stocks, mutual funds, options, futures, commodities, and market indices as you want.
Charts analyze a security's performance over time and can display that information in a variety of views, including line, traditional bar, Japanese candlestick, and Point & Figure. The time frame of a chart refers to the amount of time each horizontal movement represents, not the total time represented within the chart. For example... a daily chart in our software can cover two or three years of market activity where each point in the chart represents a day.
- All securities may be charted in time frames of daily, weekly and monthly.
For intraday charts please see Pro Analyst and HotlineX
- Easily and rapidly switch views from Bar to Line to Japanese Candle to Point & Figure.
- Daily weekly and monthly charts are available even if you are not connected to the internet.
- Clicking on any point in the chart displays the numbers and statistics used to create the chart.
- Enhance charts with technical-analysis studies, overlays and underlays.
- Personal preferences such as window size and placement, manually drawn lines, technical-analysis studies and general chart appearance are stored independently for each chart type and time frame.
- Customize chart coloring, patterns and pen size.
Technical Analysis Studies
• Accumulated Distribution • ADX and ADXR • Andrews Pitchfork • Average True Range • Bollinger Bands • Block Trade Monitor • Candle Pattern Analysis • Commodity Channel Index • Computer Generated Trend Lines • Directional Movement Index • Envelope Channel • Exponential Moving Averages • Fast Stochastics • Fibonacci Arcs • Fibonacci Fan Lines • Fibonacci Ratios • Fibonacci Time Lines • Fibonacci Time Lines • Force Index • Gann Angles • Gann Lines • Keltner Channels • Linear Regression • MACD Double Line • MACD Histogram • On Balance Volume • Parabolics • Percent R • Rate of Change • Relative Strength Index • Simple Moving Averages • Slow Stochastics • Speed Lines • StochRSI • Three Ring Reversals • Trendsetter Movement Index • Trendsetter Strength Index • Trident • TRIX • True Range Oscillator • Ultimate Oscillator • Volume Accumulation • Volume Bars • Weighted Moving Averages
Custom layouts store symbols, chart types, analytics, window placement and size for multiple charts. To create them, configure the charts the way you want them then select Save Layout and give the layout a unique name. To use them, select Use Layout and pick the layout you want. You create and use as many layouts as you want.
Our Chart Suite feature is the same as a layout except it does not pertain to any symbol. To use this feature, simply select a symbol then select Chart Suite. You can easily redefine the chart suite definition as many times as you want.
Tools like our Options Valuation Calculator based on the Nobel Prize winning Black-Scholes model. Special charts like EquiView, Compare and General Market charts found only in our products. EquiView displays two years of prices on the same security on the same chart, above and below one another. Perfect for viewing seasonal tendencies. Compare displays 1 to 4 separate securities on the same percentage scaled chart for comparison. Our General Market charts display an advance-decline line, up volume versus down volume, the TRIN, McClellan Oscillator and McClellan Summation Index. And analytics developed by Trendsetter like our True Range Oscillator, CycleFinder, Trendsetter Momentum Index and Computer Generated Trend Lines, all designed to give you the edge over other traders and investors.
Trade Tracking and Alerts
Our trade tracking includes profit (or loss) since the position was opened, current intraday profits, best intraday profits and position value, all updating live, as the market moves. Selectable audio/visual/speech alarms are triggered whenever our DayTrader - or your own - buy/sell points are touched or exceeded. Our SmartChart feature will automatically alert you when new candle patterns form, when technical tools produce signals and when prices break down or breakout of current trends.
Time Saving Flexibility
- Install, set up and receive live quotes in less than 5 minutes
- Works in the background while you're using browsers, spreadsheets and other software.
- Automatic, timed operations when you are away or choose to sleep-in.
- Automatic storage of alerts, manually drawn lines and other personal preferences.
- Virtually every program default can be reset and remembered.
- Drag and drop quote monitor columns let you change the focal point of live quotes.
- Sort your quote list instantly over 20 ways at the click of the mouse.
- Work offline for end-of-day analysis.